(Effective Date: May 25, 2018)
Your Privacy and the Security of Your Personal Information is Very Important to Us
1) access or use any Site; and/or
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information Provided by You Upon Subscribing our newsletters. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we may collect the following information that allows us to identify you (“Personal Information“):
- E-mail address
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WE USE
- Beacons are small graphical images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our Sites and typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
- An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Local Shared Objects Local shared objects (or Flash cookies) are pieces of data that websites which use Adobe Flash may store on a user’s computer or device. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use local shared objects. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local shared objects. In addition, you may manage Flash cookies by clicking here.
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, services and products, tracking users’ movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As examples of how we may use Personal Information that we collect, we use Personal Information in the following ways only if you subscribe to our newsletter:
- Our Newsletters. We may use this Personal Information to email you newsletter from our website
- Partners’ offers and newsletters. We may use this Personal Information to email you offers and newsletters from our partners.
- Data Retention. Your Personal Information will be stored in the United States and will also be subject to laws applicable in that country. If you have any questions about security on our Sites, you can contact us at privacy[at]oxamedia.com. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- OUR OPT-OUT POLICY
Email Marketing. To stop receiving newsletters or marketing communications from us or to opt out of having your email address shared with third parties, please use the “unsubscribe” mechanism provided in the communication (such as the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the marketing email)
- EMAILS YOU MAY RECEIVE FROM US
You may request address any of your individual rights listed below by emailing our Customer Support at support[at]oxamedia[dot]com with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your requests regarding your individual rights within 30 days. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to personal Information in our custody or control. Please see above regarding our retention policy. Any further questions can be sent to privacy[at]oxamedia[dot]com.
- Accessing your Personal Data. You may request free of charge and at any time information on the data we have stored with regard to your person.
- Correcting your Personal Data. If you have requested your personal data and have found the personal data to be inaccurate or incomplete, you may request to have the data corrected or completed by proving updated or corrected information to privacy[at]oxamedia[dot]com.
- Erasing your Personal Data. You have the right to be forgotten. You may have your personal data entirely erased from the OxaMedia database, making the data no longer available for us to use when there is no compelling purpose for us to keep your personal data.
- Moving your Personal Data. You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose and may request the information for the purposes of moving it to another service of your choice.
- WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share Personal Information with affiliated businesses.
- Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies (“Service Providers“) to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via a Site. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Third Parties for Marketing and Other Purposes. With your prior consent, we may share with selected third party partners for our marketing purposes.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of any Site or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets, but this will be conducted in compliance with USA – EU and UK Privacy Laws and Regulations.
Links to Other Websites. The Sites may contain links to third party owned and/or operated websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We suggest that you contact these third parties directly for information regarding their privacy, security and data collection and distribution policies prior to providing them with any information.
Security. We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from a Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us or to any other party via the Internet. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms or login credentials (such as username and password) on our platform login, we encrypt the transmission of that information. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Sites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Sites. We may post a notice on the Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Children’s Privacy. Visitors under 13 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information at any Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any information to us. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information. Visitors older than the age of 13, but younger than their country’s legal age of majority are permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information only with parental supervision. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
Assignment. In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personal information collected via the Sites.
If a dispute cannot be resolved with OxaMedia directly, as explained below, a binding arbitration option may be used to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means.